If visiting or planning a visit to City Church of Goldsboro, we promise to not embarrass you, single you out or ask you to give anything. First experiences can be rather intimidating, hence we make special effort to allow you to feel at home while trying to see if City Church of Goldsboro is the church that is right for you. We ask only that you do your best to see Pastor Terry and Lady Juliet personally if possible before departing and share your experience with them…your opinion is vitally important to us!
Take a brief moment to view the information below to prepare you for your first City Church of Goldsboro ‘LIVE’ Experience!
What is the vision of City Church of Goldsboro - City Church of Goldsboro is a kingdom driven, Christ centered, community caused conduit with emphasis on man’s holistic development and area advancement.
What is the City Church of Goldsboro plan - Our plan for impact and effectiveness is formatted in what we elude to as the 4G Challenge.
- Gather: Relationship Building…creating circles not rows. Everyone needs someone and we believe City Church of Goldsboro can serve as a conduit to which you may be able to connect with and discover friendships and valuable relationships that will impact your existential plight.
- Grow: Intentional Maturing…discipleship. We embrace the giftings that God has placed upon our church, yet there is no passion the supercedes seeing young men and women grow closer in there relationships with God. Whether personally or corporately, City Church of Goldsboro is interested in seeing you reach your full potential.
- Give: Selfless Over Selfish Living…service in both the Body and community. As you grow and discover your God-given talents and gifts, our desire is to equip you to serve, both in the local church and community. We need you, Goldsboro needs you and the Kingdom needs the deposits God has placed within you. Your serving is a personal choice, but we suggest you following the Jesus method (John 3:16)…giving towards the thing(s) you’re most passionate about.
- Go: Impact Both Your Community and World…leadership. City Church of Goldsboro embraces it’s call to positively impact it’s city and walk in a greater level of influence locally. We cannot fulfill our goals alone. Our passion is that as you become comfortable in your gift and identity that you’ll connect with us in both the ministry and city providing us with both maximum impact and results.
What we believe at City Church of Goldsboro - Rather than weighing you down with those things that are essential to us, yet may not be as important to you, we choose to lift and focus on a short list of items we believe must be important to every believer.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
- Jesus died for our sins, has risen and lives.
- Jesus Christ is man’s means to relationship with the Father.
7 Core Commitments of City Church of Goldsboro
- Holistic Living
- Youth Empowerment
- Community Involvement
- Humility & Love
What are your weekend services like – Our weekend meetings are life giving, encouraging, authentic and friendly. You’ll encounter exciting worship music with practical, relevant Bible-teaching. We enjoy a ninety minute experience, not including our overflow. Overflow is an optional worship setting that continues following our official close for those who desire to worship and relish His presence a little longer.
What do I wear to attend services - At City Church of Goldsboro you’ll find a pleathora of styles at our weekend services, from casual clothes to business suits. In the end, come and enjoy your first experience in what is respectfully comfortable to you. As in every setting, if you discover City Church of Goldsboro is somewhere you’d like to continue sharing in, you’ll soon find your niche and make your own personal adjustments to comfortably fit in.
Where are you located – City Church of Goldsboro meets every Sunday at 5pm in the auditorium of Goldsboro High School. We believe God has graced us with a prime meeting location as most everyone is familiar with this area, is familiar with the historic Goldsboro High School. We’re conveniently placed in the center of all the major roadways in our city. We pride ourselves on being “in the heart of the city, with the city at the center of our hearts“!